Your Immigration
Legal Advocates

Seeking Permanent Residency for Employees

Immigrants have always played an important role in the American economy, and American immigration law currently allows a limited number of people every year to qualify for permanent resident status (a green card) based on their employment.

At the immigration law firm of Yeager & Etkind, our attorney helps prospective immigrants and their employers determine whether they are eligible for employment-based green cards, and if so, we guide them through the process.

To learn more about your employment-based immigration options, contact us today at 202-828-0750 or 301-340-2111. With offices in Rockville, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., we serve clients throughout the region.

Guiding Applicants and Employers Through the Process

In some cases, people seeking employment-based green cards are already employed in the United States on temporary worker visas. However, people who are currently based overseas are also eligible for employment-based green cards if they have U.S. employers or prospective employers who are prepared to complete the sponsorship process.

The employment-based immigration process is very complex, requiring prospective immigrants and sponsoring employers to complete a number of procedures, including alien labor certification (PERM).

We will guide you through the process, giving you accurate and helpful counsel on all relevant matters, including the time frame for your application and any steps you can take to increase your likelihood of success.

Pursuing the Appropriate Visa for Your Position

Most employment-based green cards are granted through the EB-3 visa process, which applies to many professionals, skilled workers (those with two or more years of relevant work experience), and unskilled workers. Although all of these groups are covered by the EB-3 process, there may be special considerations for certain groups, such as medical professionals.

Other employment-based immigrant visas include EB-1 and EB-2 visas for researchers, professors, scientists and other prioritized groups; EB-4 visas for certain religious and government workers; and EB-5 visas for major investors.

To discuss your questions or concerns about employment-based green cards with an experienced immigration lawyer, contact us at Yeager & Etkind.