Your Immigration
Legal Advocates

Helping You Obtain a Temporary Visa

If you are interested in obtaining a student visa or any other type of visa to allow you to enter the United States temporarily, there are procedures you will be required to go through before your visit will be approved by American immigration authorities.

At the immigration law firm of Yeager & Etkind, we guide our clients through the non-immigrant visa process. Contact us at 202-828-0750 or 301-340-2111 to discuss your goals with a knowledgeable immigration attorney. With offices in Rockville, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., we serve clients throughout the region and internationally.

Seeking Visas for Students and Exchange Program Participants

One of the main non-immigrant visas is the F-1 visa for student and exchange programs. Individuals or organizations can sponsor people to enter the country on F-1 visas for study or for programs that raise cultural awareness.

Students and participants in exchange programs can typically get approved to stay in the United States for longer than is allowed under other types of non-immigrant visas that are not work-related.

Students typically pursue a course of study at an educational institution, while exchange programs have a much broader definitions. Among the positions that are often staffed through exchange programs are the following:

  • Au pairs
  • Camp counselors
  • Lifeguards
  • Guest chefs
  • Scientific researchers

These programs are meant to have an educational and cultural exchange component, but they can also involve the payment of wages or stipends.

Assisting Clients With Business and Tourist Visits

Other common non-immigrant visas include the B-1 visa for business visitors and the B-2 visa for tourists and others visiting the United States for pleasure. Both of these visas entitle their holders to remain in the country for up to six months.

To learn more about the visas that are available for visitors who do not intend to remain in the U.S. permanently, contact us to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer at Yeager & Etkind.