Your Immigration
Legal Advocates

Immigration Lawyer for Fiancé & Family Visitor Visas

As the world becomes more globalized, an increasing number of families come together and spread out across international boundaries. Whether you are interested in bringing your fiancé into the United States for your wedding or helping a family member from abroad come here to visit, there are some immigration hurdles to overcome.

At the immigration law firm of Yeager & Etkind, we help U.S. citizens and their fiancés and family members through the temporary visa application process. With offices in Rockville, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., we serve clients throughout the region. Contact us at 202-828-0750 or 301-340-2111 to discuss your goals with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Bringing Fiancés to America Prior to Marriage

American immigration laws allow U.S. citizens to obtain temporary visas for their fiancés (and their fiancés’ children) so that they can get married in the United States. The goal of this special type of visa is to strengthen genuine marriages and help people build families.

Once a fiancé visa is granted, the couple must get married within 90 days of the non-citizen’s arrival in the country. At that point, he or she can pursue a family-based green card.

Because some people have attempted to use the fiancé visa process to circumvent immigration laws and bring people into the country illegitimately, it will be necessary to prove that you have a bona fide relationship. Past visits and correspondence are typically used as evidence in these situations.

Securing Temporary Visas for Family Members

Many of our clients are interesting in helping family members obtain non-immigrant visas so they can visit the United States. While there are no specific visa categories for family visitors, family members in the U.S. can play important roles in the visa application process.

Many people who come into the country to visit family members obtain B-1 or B-2 visas, allowing them to remain in the U.S. for up to six months. U.S. citizens can also sponsor family members for F-1 visas, which allow them to study or participate in exchange programs.

To learn more about your temporary visa options for a fiancé or family member, contact us to talk to an experienced immigration attorney at Yeager & Etkind.